Friday, 12 December 2014

Francoise Nielly - my new found favorite painter

Francoise Nielly 
"... all of that classical imagery of South France is very alive as an experience inside of me. Maybe it is wht led me to the use of fluorescent colors in my paintings.
- It's known that the childhood is one of the most important periods of an artist's life. When you close your eyes and think about those years, what colors and what kind of memories do you see? Can you tell us about your father and how he inspired you?

Thinking of my childhood is definitly not my favorite thing. With an over protected crippled sister I often felt lonesome, not to say abandonned! Of course I also had nice times, like summer in Cavalaire where we lived on the Mediteranéan side, building huts and cabins and hunting butterflies. I have vivid images of colors, of brightness. Yellow, sunshine, blue, heat, cicadas, pin smell, light... all of that classical imagery of South France is very alive as an experience inside of me. Maybe it is what led me to the use of fluorescent colors in my paintings.

My dad was an architect ; busy man, rather harsh, demanding and critical ; ….."
to read more about this incredible artist go to her site http://www.francoise-nielly.com

















No comments:

Post a Comment